Saturday, August 1, 2009

We're Famous! In Waukegan, At Least...

Just kidding, we're totally not. But I did want to share that today, our very own Luai hosted a radio show in Illinois on WKRS 1220 AM. His guest was Dr. Arthur Bernard, an expert on dream work. Lucky me, I got to call in and ask him about some of the dreams I've had and posted on here. Luai and I also got to promote the One Second Time Machine a bit - yay!

It was tough to pick just on dream to talk about, so I asked Dr. Bernard about all the petrified animal dreams I've had. I had five of them all between September 2008 - January 2009, and they have all involved observing animals "freeze," in some way. Check this dream, which links to the four others. He explained that dreams are often symbolic of other things, like that these animals really represented my feelings, not necessarily actual animals. He said that the petrifying aspect could be me trying to let out my feelings and getting scared at the last moment, thus, the dreams/animals freezing and, although not quite dying, not being completely carried out. Interesting, eh?

Luai was a fantastic radio host and asked why eating right before we sleep makes our dreams so crazy. To be honest, I can't remember the answer to this. But Dr. Bernard was pretty informative. I'd be interested in checking out his book and looking through some of the dreams you crazy people have posted on here in the last year or so. Ya know, find out about all your feelings....

We're hoping that a recoding of the interview will be included on one of Dr. Bernard's future podcasts, so if that happens, we'll let you know. In the meantime, check out Dr. Bernard's website!

2 comments:

jx said...

oooh! i hope there's a podcast of it. the radio station doesn't have anything posted?

Reem Tara said...

It's up! I'll post it in a new entry.