Friday, October 24, 2008

Getting Places

I dreamed that I was with Sarah L. in Chicago and we had to get across town to go see DeVotchKa. We looked up and saw the Eiffel Tower, which meant that we had a long way to go. Sarah started flying. "Can't you just fly me too?" I asked? She did. It was awesome. She did it effortlessly.

Later, I was tricked into going into a warehouse where a man was making a map of where the strippers should walk on stage. They each had their own territories, marked in different color markers. One of my friends tried to escape out this back door but the door slammed shut and I think it's possible that her hand got cut off...

Then there was a basketball game in the warehouse, but I was next to the bleachers, kind of underneath and could only hear - not see - what was going on in the game. There was a teenage girl talking to the point guard on the team. "Let's go to the top of the bleachers so we'll be able to see better," he said, and she followed. "They're not trying to see better," I whispered to nobody in particular. "They're on a date."

I finally got outside the warehouse and Emil picked me up in his blue car. We drove under the L tracks and somehow "by accident" we ended up just having parked the car in a garage. We told the guy working there that we needed it back so we could go see Moby. He was Italian, and friendly, and he got us to the car right away. As we drove, Emil pointed to the dashboard. "Good," he said, "look how many Saturday Night Live episodes downloaded while we were in there! We can watch them on the way home." He pointed his finger towards what I assumed it would be a number, but I looked, and it was the letter R. "Seventeen episodes!" I said. "Not bad!"

5 comments:

SophisticatedBrew said...

wow, i love making appearances in your dreams! girl, i'll fly you anytime. baby. also the letter R = the 18th letter of the alphabet not 17th but you were close.

There, I updated with my new and improved username. Hah!

Reem Tara said...

I know! I woke up and counted the letters and I was like "damn, so close!"

Yay for your blog name and picture!!! Now everybody can experience your genius!

Sara Ashes said...

ultimate nachos dream, right?!?!

iurodivii said...

Yeah this has the tinges of some crazy pre-sleep meal. But so many fun experiences tossed together in one dream, did you wake up feeling wore out after such a busy night?

Reem Tara said...

I was elated when I woke up, mostly because of the flying thing - I NEVER have flying dreams! Even though it was somebody else flying...

And the only thing I ate before bed was some yogurt with honey in it...I do remember thinking it was the best tasting thing ever (at least at the time)...but yeah, I'm surprised at the results. Usually Taco Bell would work better...who knew yogurt could do the same?