Sunday, November 16, 2008

Spider Webs

My business partner and I were harvesting the webs of spiders in a house; but the exterminator was due to come and though it was pests he would be targeting, we worried the spiders' webs would be wiped out and the spiders killed. I was trying to think through the options while my partner just went around and gently curled each spider up in a washcloth and scooped as much of the web as possible into a trashbag. I was miffed at first thinking that we could try and distract him from the webs or say we wanted the spiders in the house, but grew to realize we didn't want to risk the exterminator as we could lose everything.

2 comments:

Reem Tara said...

I like to let the spiders live in real life - they don't seem like real insects. At least the daddy long legs ones. The little fat ones that are striped like zebras? I kill them every time. I'm glad you did this in your dream.

Sara Ashes said...

i can't get past the obstacle of how to unfold the webs once you take them out of the trashbag later.