Monday, April 13, 2009

Rock Star Failure

It's pretty vague but I had to perform a duet in front of a large stadium-style audience, I believe in an educational institution. The person I was performing with was a famous female rock star who looked an awful lot like the girl I went to prom with in real life. I got my cello. We both knew the song we were performing but as I walked out on stage in the bright lights I realized we had not practiced together. And we sounded like crap. It was more her fault than me. But I was really bummed out.

I went to my basement and sulked with a friend. This weird rock star girl sat outside my window smoking cigarettes and carving initials into a tree. I watched her, not thinking she could see me. But then she looked up and said, "I know you're watching me."

No comments: