Sunday, April 26, 2009

Saturday Night: Shopping, Orchestra, Late

I was supposed to play cello with my high school orchestra at 2:30. But I was also waiting for my bff to come visit from out-of-town. The recital kept getting postponed. So I decided to do some shopping for presents. I went into one store and it turned out to be a salon but they also sold really great belts and bags. I looked at some hot pink hair dye, thinking of presents for my bff, but it was $36.00 for a little tube. "Forget it!" I thought. Then I saw bags upstairs. One was in the style of the Mr. Men characters AND on clearance. I was so excited! But then it turned out to be a hat for a little kid. It would be too small. I walked into an athletic clothing store but it was too crowded. So I went to get something to eat. I wanted a veggie hot dog, but accidentally ordered a veggie burger instead. And it was $6! I was sad, as the veggie hot dog would have only been $3.50. The guy at the counter was very cute and alternative looking. He was a friend of my BFF, and I explained I was waiting for her. Then I remembered I had a concert to play! I checked my cell phone. The concert was post-poned until 5:30. Phew. I said good-bye to the nice guy at the counter and said, "I'll be back." His co-worker made fun of me, like, "Oooh, good to know you'll be back" but BFF's friend said, "No, she's cool, she's a friend." That felt cool and as I left I skated down the stairs like I was on skis and it felt really cool. I looked at 1 other store-front and saw my full name - first, middle, last - written in lights on their wall. I ran to look at it. Another girl did the same thing - she saw the same lights but it said HER name instead. As you get closer, you realize it's an optical illusion. "That's how they get you!" I realized. Inside the store were many exotic animals. Small tigers, miniature lions. I saw a little mammal eat a rabbit and got sad. The girl I walked in with got upset at this as well. Then I realized I was late for the recital. It was 5:30 now! Plus BFF was supposed to arrive and here I was dilly-dallying around the stores.

1 comment:

Reem Tara said...

Well, I obviously love this dream because it involves you and I hanging out, and you buying presents for me (and in real life, this will happen in TWO WEEKS)! I think the "this is how they get you" part is hilarious. And you and my sister should talk about tiny animals...