Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Bat Dream...Finally

I had an encounter with a bat in my apartment a couple of weeks ago, and I knew that I'd have the bat anxiety dream sooner or later...

I dreamed that my family and I (parents, siblings, a few cousins) were sitting around my current living room and a bat started flying around the room. Everybody seemed kind of bored by it. It would swoop by people's heads and they would duck slightly out of the way. I tried to remain calm/bored as well, but eventually I lost it a bit and started swatting it with a pillow. "This is what I keep telling you guys!" I yelled at my family. "This is how it was the last time this fucker was in here!"

I think my dad realized that I was somewhat distressed, so from his cross-legged sitting position on the floor, he reached up and slapped the bat. It was as if he was giving him a high five. Also, he was dressed in a plaid button down shirt and 70s-like pants. He was really skinny, even more than he is now. The bat fell to the floor and I covered it with one of my blue couch pillows.

About twenty minutes later, I lifted the pillow to see it. It was tiny, no bigger than my thumbnail, and kind of a beige color. "Oh," I said. "I guess it was just a moth."

3 comments:

Sara Ashes said...

ha ha ha ha! my favorite part is you covering it with a pillow, a la basement crickets in the 80s! My second favorite part is that it was really a moth.

Tara said...

haha! that's awesome! it was just a moth!

Genia the Queenia said...

I liked that you called it a "fucker". There is hardly ever cursing in my dreams.
And your dad gave it a high-five. See? Your dad is even awesome in dreams!