Monday, August 25, 2008

A New Baby for the Totonchi Family

I stayed the night at Reem's parents house with her last Thursday. I proceeded to have the following dream:

Reem's sister Sara is visiting her parents house and she has this adorable, chubby, little non-white baby (the ethnicity is unclear..sometimes it appears to be black and other times brown) with her. Apparently she has adopted this baby and I'm holding it and making a big fuss over the baby because it's just so damn cute. It's a girl baby who is around a year old and she's only wearing a diaper, but she has white ribbons in her black hair. The baby's name is June. The Totonchi family is very excited about the baby because they never knew about it before and Sara is real nonchalant about the fact that she suddently has a baby.

So, I'm holding this baby June and suddenly my Aunt Mickey is there. She is insisting that she needs to blow dry Junes hair. So she starts blow drying her hair, but she's putting the blow dryer really close to the her head and, of course, it's too hot. I tell my Aunt Mickey that it's too hot for a baby and she's probably burning her head and she says "I did it to all of my kids, it's fine". So, I start putting my hand between the baby's head and the blow dryer to protect the baby.
So, I'm expecting the baby to cry, but it doesn't at all. The weirdest part of this dream is that I look at the baby's face and it's all contorted with pain from the blow dryer burning her scalp, but you can tell that she doesn't want to let out a peep, she WILL NOT CRY. Kind of like adults do, you know, when they don't want people to see them cry.

4 comments:

Reem Tara said...

Wow. Sara having a baby? Only in a dream...

Sara Ashes said...

good one Reemie, ....and LIGHTS!

I'm glad the baby looked like me! That is an effing hilarious dream Genia!!

Genia the Queenia said...

Let me tell you, it was one tough baby...getting it's scalped burned and not even crying? Seriously?!

Sara Ashes said...

I'm pretty sure I was a big crybaby. Good thing it wasn't passed on to the next generation.