Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The panic of work dreams

I hate a work dream. I used to have them all the time back in my days of working in ye ole pizza shoppe. One time I was sound asleep, it was like 9am after a long night out or maybe I worked the night before. I'm usually an early to rise type so I must have been up late to still be sound asleep at 9. Well the phone rang and rang and I reached over and groggily answered it "Fellini's Pizza". The minute I said it i realized what I had done and of course it was my boss. I remember I was having a work dream and then it morphed into real life and the boss was calling to see if I could come work. And of course I never lived that one down. Last night I had a work dream- a very vivid one. But this time it wasn't for MY work! I was dreaming that I was sleeping (funny huh?) and I dreamt I woke up in a panic because Olivia got her schedule wrong. Oh no! She's on a mini vacation and she has to work the busser shift tomorrow! CRAP! In my dream I was frantically trying to get in touch with her to let her know to come home early but I could never reach her so I ended up going in to Savage Pizza to work for her so she wouldn't get fired or yelled at. I'm that good of a friend.
I'm not sure if dreamt is really a word but I dreamt horribly and now I'm having work dreams for other people?!!! No! Make it stop!

3 comments:

Reem Tara said...

1. Thanks for your first post!

2. I totally think "dreamt" is a word...it's not underlined in red on my computer.

3. Work dreams blow. It all seems so unfair...

Unknown said...

Thanks for picking up my shift!

Sara Ashes said...

wow, good to know you're such a good friend that you even have your girl's back when you're asleep!