Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Cruise that wasn't a Cruise

I dreamed that Mohammad and I were on a "cruise" but it was actually in an hotel building that you had to hike up sand dunes to get to. I kept cursing the fact that I was wearing sparkly high heels as I trekked through the sand trying to keep up with him.

We got to our "room" which was an apartment shared with a bunch of people. People kept yelling at me to make pancakes. I realized with relief that my heels had changed to yellow Crocs.

Then Mohammad and I left the room to go for a walk and we came to DeSoto Falls, this giant waterfall in Alabama. When we got to the top of the falls there was a sign out on this tiny ledge that was an arrow and said "Ireland 8000 miles". We realized we were on the furthest tip of the United States, closest to Ireland. We stood at the edge of the ledge and stretched our arms out as far as we could to be as close to Ireland as possible.

2 comments:

Reem Tara said...

I'm sorry...yellow crocs = relief? Hmmm...all joking aside, I love this dream!

Sara Ashes said...

I KNEW you would say that about the crocs! I know! yellow no les?!?