Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nikki Sixx

I am both thrilled and embarrassed to share this dream.

I dreamed that I was competing in the Olympics (as if that weren't enough!) and the team that was opposing me was Mötley Crüe. And I just happened to be wearing a pink tshirt with Mötley bassist Nikki Sixx's face on it. The boys were competing for "charity" in the Olympics.

I finally worked up the courage to talk to them. I found my old issue of some British music magazine that had Darth Vader on the cover. The magazine had a story in it about how various members of metal bands acted in a recreation of Star Wars; Nikki played Vader.

When I got close to the boys and asked for their autographs they ignore me at first, but then Nikki stops. "What is that?" he asks about my magazine. When I show him he is awed and keeps saying "Wow". "I haven't seen one of these in years." I think he says something like "This was a really important time in my life."

He gets all the guys in the band back to sign it. When I get the magazine back it appears more like a hardcover book and it is filled with messages. The message from Nikki is long and rambly but says my name repeatedly and includes the phrase "keep hope alive."

He then goes and gets me from the van the exact same pink Nikki Sixx tshirt I am already wearing. I think to myself, I thought you were the smartest in the band.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my god hilarious! Can you see words in your dreams? In like all of my dreams whenever there is writing I look down to read it and it goes out of focus and when I try to read the words, the sentence makes no sense.

Reem Tara said...

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE SMARTEST IN THE BAND????? oh my effing god.

Sara Ashes said...

i can definitely read in my dreams! sometimes i'm creating what i'm reading while i'm seeing it- like an invisible pen is just a second ahead of my eyes writing what i'm thinking. its like i already know the end of the story. that said- this generally only works for a moment and then the invisible pen sort of falls away. very weird- i'm glad you asked becuase i don't think i ever really though about this before.