Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Checkpoints and Rocket Ships

I had a dream that I was in Gaza in Tom's blue pickup truck. I was about to drive across the border to Israel. I was on a long highway and there was a huge line of cars waiting to cross. There was a checkpoint up ahead, but many officers were stationed every few yards who were checking cars. I got super nervous and looked in the passenger seat. There was a huge metal industrial meat cutter. I looked on the floor and there was a big plastic toy in a shopping bag that looked like a rocket ship. The rocket ship was blue and yellow. Somehow I knew that the rocket ship was actually used as a bomb, if you opened it up and put explosives inside.

I started to get really scared that I wouldn't be able to cross the checkpoint with what I had so I turned off onto a side street. There was an officer waiting there too. He motioned for me to come over. I asked him, "If I have something that I want to get rid of? Will I get in trouble?" He said no, that I could dump whatever I needed to with no questions asked. He opened my passenger side door and took out the meat cutter. He threw it into a huge dumpster that chopped it up into pieces. He came back over to my truck and said "I don't like doing this you know," and went on about how he was just doing his job, but didn't agree with what Israel was doing. I decided not to tell him about the rocket ship, if he didn't notice maybe the other officers wouldn't either. I drove back to the line to cross the checkpoint.

The next officers who stopped me were two young people, a girl and boy. They were dressed in jeans and blue and yellow polos, unlike the other officers who were all in grey uniforms. The girl opened my passenger side door and immediately grabbed the rocket ship and got really excited. "Look what I found here!" she said to boy and started saying stuff into her radio. I was terrified and started babbling excuses as to why I had it. The girl just stood there smiling and shaking her head. I said, "It's a toy. It's not what you think. Someone gave it to me." More officers started to show up. She held the rocket ship up to show them. They glared at me while the girl and boy smiled.

And then I woke up. I woke up terrified and couldn't fully fall back asleep after that.

3 comments:

Reem Tara said...

Yikes, scary dream. All the blue and yellow is interesting...

jx said...

that is frightening. and their creepy smiling is weird.

Tara said...

It's totally creepy. I've been forgetting a lot of my dreams lately, but this one I woke up and immediately remembered.